Upload a document to Companies House

How to file certain documents online that would usually be sent to us in a paper format.

This guidance has been created for the Upload a document to Companies House service to enable paperless filing in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.

Published 8 April 2020

From: Companies House


Documents you can upload


Registered insolvency practitioners can upload most insolvency documents to Companies House using this service, including:

Companies House moratorium forms

Companies House forms for Insolvency Rules 2016

Companies House forms for insolvency (1986)

Companies House forms for insolvency (Scotland)

Insolvency practitioners can also upload form AD01 using this service.

Read the guidance for uploading insolvency documents.

Change of constitution

CC forms, articles and resolutions

CC01 - Give notice of restriction on the company's articles

CC02 - Give notice of removal of restriction on company's articles

CC04 - Notify the change of company's objects

CC05 - Change constitution by enactment

CC06 - Change constitution by order of court or other authority



You cannot use this service to upload a resolution:

  • to change the name of a company
  • for company to community interest company (CIC) conversions and CIC to charitable company conversions

How to prepare the document

You must complete the document in advance. Save it to the device you are using in a PDF format so that it is ready to upload. The file must be less than 4MB.

Companies House forms

You can complete the form electronically:

  1. Find the Companies House form that you need and download it.
  2. Type the information directly onto the form.
  3. Save the form to the device you are using so that it is ready to upload.

You can complete the form using a pen:

  • Print the form.
  • Fill in the information directly onto the form using black ink.
  • Scan the completed form.
  • Save the scanned form to the device you are using so that it is ready to upload.


We can accept signatures that are:

  • digitally generated
  • typed directly into the form
  • scanned onto the form
  • hand-written in black ink

Cover letters

For now, you cannot upload cover letters in this service. You must upload the document only.

Continuation pages

If you need to include continuation pages with your submission, you must merge the document and the continuation pages first. This enables you to upload them as one document.

Help with merging a document and continuation pages

To merge a document with continuation pages, you could:

  • use an online tool or app that merges PDF documents
  • create a new document and combine saved files into a single PDF
  • scan documents together if you have access to a printer or photocopier, and save the scan as a single PDF

How to upload documents usually filed together

For now, you can only upload one document at a time in this service.

If you need to upload a package of documents that you would usually file together, you must upload each document separately. This means you must start the service again for each document you need to upload. You can either restart the service or use the link on the confirmation page after you've uploaded a document.

You should do this as soon as possible after you've uploaded the previous document so that associated documents can be processed together. Otherwise, some documents may be rejected for missing the required supporting documents.

Documents that need evidence

RP07 and LL RP07 - Apply to change a company's disputed registered office address

You must include evidence to support your application. Your evidence can be copies of original documents. You can upload up to 9 files of supporting evidence in the service. Applications submitted without evidence will be rejected.

The evidence we need for a person or service provider where the address is being used without permission

The evidence we can accept may include:

  • documents showing the applicant’s proprietary rights in the address, including leasehold or freehold
  • a written agreement which entitles the applicant to use the address
  • a utility bill sent to the applicant at the address dated within the last 6 months

The evidence we need for a service provider who had a contract with the company which is now terminated

The evidence we can accept may include:

  • written evidence of the start and end of the contract, which might include the applicant's request for service, an invoice that shows proof of payment or any other evidence of the company’s direct involvement
  • a copy of the signed contract and the termination letter

Documents that have a fee

Some documents have a filing fee. You can check if the document you want to upload has a fee:

  • on the document itself
  • in the 'Documents you can upload' section of this guidance

You can pay for the document in the service by debit or credit card if it has a fee.

What happens next

We'll send you a confirmation email to let you know if the document has been uploaded. An examiner will then process the uploaded document to check if it's acceptable for filing. The document will be registered with the date it was uploaded to Companies House as long as it is acceptable.

We'll email you to tell you if the document is acceptable for filing. If the document is not acceptable for filing, we'll email you to let you know what to do next.

Registrar's powers documents

If the document is acceptable for filing, we’ll send a letter to tell you when we have started to review your case and explain what happens next. If the document is not acceptable, we'll email you to let you know what to do next.

Contact us

If you have a question about your submission, you can contact us.


  • 0303 1234 500
  • Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 6pm

Find out about call charges